Edmund Gorge, formerly known as Quiet or Lower Gorge, is a rocky canyon of the Kamenice River, the last of the three gorges in the lower reaches of the river east of Hřensko.
Its walls are formed of steep, often vertical rocky walls with noticeable cubical sandstone disintegration rising 50 to 150 meters above the water-level. Some boulders slid down to the canyon floor.
In the section, where rocks fall right into the water, the path continues on boats.
The access way form the upper edge of Hřensko leads down the footpath first along the left bank, then along the right bank of the Kamenice River, under rock overhangs and through three tunnels to a suice, above which lies the lower boat landing.
After a 960 m long boat ride, a footpath continues along the left bank to the Mezní můstek Bridge, from where it is possible to continue to Wild Gorge or to climb up the stairway to Mezná.
A number of interestingly shaped rocks rise above the gorge (e.g. Skalní rodina/The Rock Family or Strážce/The Guardian).
Edmund Gorge was opened to the public on the 4th of May 1890. This year we celebrate the 125th anniversary of the opening.